Re: Gazing Ball Terminal Mounting

Hi,

Also, when you slip your slider tube in and epoxy it, how will you assure its directy in the center ? , some kind of jig or somethin' ?

Here is what I did.

First I found a large heavy circular ring to put the ball on and made a little target to find the center:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/SphereMounting-2.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/SphereMounting-4.JPG

Using a plumb bob I was able to align the center of the ring holder with the jig to hold the bar.

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/SphereMounting-3.JPG

I also aligned the hold in the sphere with the plumb bob. I used a little double sided tape to help hold the sphere in place.:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/SphereMounting-5.JPG

So now the center of the mounting ring, the sphere's hole, and the hold in the jig are all in alignment:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/SphereMounting-1.JPG

Just pour in the epoxy and hold the bras tube with a 3/8 steel rod in the jig till it drys:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/SphereMounting-6.JPG

Seems to work real good!

Cheers,

        Terry