Re: Model-T coil

If you want to remove all of the tar --put it in an oven (in the garage) in an old baking pan. Space the coil up from the bottom with wood blocks. TJ

Sounds like some work. I'll try cleaning up all contacts and points. The secondary (so I have read) often burns out on these old coils.

Your help and fast responses are appreciated!

JT
Hilo "

PRIMARY can burn out if contacts stick shut (maybe if capacitor shorts although I've never seen that happen. Usual symptom is that the case is oozing tar. You still haven't described the problem (unless I've missed it).

Ed