Re: Model-T coil

Original poster: "Jack" <Jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Aloha Leith and Dr. Resonance,

Thanks for the info on spark coils and repair. I'll check that out.

This is indeed for a historical project, following the 1959 article in Science Experimenter.

I found one tip after your suggestion on capacitor replacement Leith:

 Re: Testing a Model T coil

If you want to remove all of the tar --put it in an oven (in the garage) in an old baking pan. Space the coil up from the bottom with wood blocks. TJ

Sounds like some work. I'll try cleaning up all contacts and points. The secondary (so I have read) often burns out on these old coils.

Your help and fast responses are appreciated!

JT
Hilo