Re: grounding question

Hi John,

Actually, this was answered by Gary. The answer is yes. If your to connect the counterpoise to mains, then an RF choke would be a good idea to attenuate as much RF junk as possible from mains ground.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: John <guipenguin@xxxxxxxxx>

Well moving back to when I asked my second question, I god mixed opinions on what should be done.

When you use a counterpoise which is connected to the base of the coil, should you install a RF choke to connect the counterpoise to mains safety ground? Yes or no.

Thanks.

On 10/16/06, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <<mailto:bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gerry,

>If you or anyone else only connects the safety ground to the variac
>(or control panel) and dont connect it to the NST or  PIG chassis,
>or counterpoise (and many may not want to do this to protect their
>house wiring), then these items must be considered dangerous and off
>limits while the system is plugged in.

Exactly! Touch nothing that isn't "green grounded" unless power is off.
Bart