Re: New project

At 02:31 PM 10/10/2006, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Phillip Day" <phil_day1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi

I am an engineering student at Brunel University, West London. I have just
started the electronic society and want to build a Tesla Coil as one of the
projects for the year. Any suggestions as to where I can get good 'simple'
schematics and more importantly where I can pick up parts to build one ie a
toroid and a neon sign transformer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's a fairly active group of TC builders in the UK, and last I checked, someone had an an interactive map of where they are. That would be your best bet for finding sources for parts (unless you have a large budget and can just pick up the phone and have stuff delivered).
Try the Tesla Coil Builders of UK
http://www.tcbouk.org.uk/

Richie Burnett's website
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/tesla.shtml
has good discussions of design and theory

And, of course, there's no doubt you'll get responses on this list.