charge reactors

Original poster: "EARL RHODES" <wedz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi all thanx steve for that it would be an option if my gap wasnt so bad this like most of my stuff is make do and mend bitsa this bitsa that i have only two stationary rods on my gap it would be difficult to change this for this coil as time is of the essence im afraid a kwikfix is what is called for here and winding my own inductor wont work as resourses and cash are short my coil is 4.75" ihave no idea what sort of power my supply puts outi do not have any measuring devices whatso ever and all my coiling has been done by feel and reading all the wonderful sights ive tried the single mot charge reactor idea ongregs garage this was a blast literally this is why i would say four mots in series the voltage my supply should be putting out would require ideally six mots in series if not to stress the insulation this is why i mentioned oil should i also say that this supply is frightening and wish i knew what it puts out ther is a fuse on the mot hv out and is rated at 5kv .75a thats 750ma mydoubling caps are like steve conners supply series strings of 450v22uf electrolytic 2x3uf 3kv 2x1.5uf6kv so my guess is about 10kv 450ma under load is this an ok guess or am i way off whatever its a beast which is probably why everything gets toasted