Re: charge reactors

Original poster: David Dean <deano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi

or you could try this
http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2001/July/msg01383.html

or-
An H-bridge rotary arrangement along the same lines that will charge the tank
cap to twice the power supply voltage on second and subsequent bangs as well
as eliminating the need for a charging reactor. Though the power supply is in
the circuit during the bang, the gap quenches when the tank cap is charged to
its level. At the next presentation the power supply voltage is presented to
the tank circuit with the same potential but opposite polarity.

Of course I have not tried this, and it may have unforseen problems, but then
again it just might work. It would be very important that the energy storage
cap be >> than the tank cap and rated for pulse duty.

later
deano

P.S.  a quick and dirty diagram @
 http://deanostoybox.com/temp/schem.jpg