RE: The Egg Works - Well, Almost

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Finn,

I spoke with Ken Corum today about the egg and the core. He says the flux
leakage which spins the egg is controlled by the distance between the four
windings and I may have them too close. I am going to do some experimenting
with this when I get home as well as increase the windings.

I've gotten reports from another member that he's using an egg just like
mine with excellent results on 3 phase. So my problem is definitely field
strength, flux leakage and/or mimicked phase related. I'm just happy it
worked on the first try as I know I can improve it and get these kinks
worked out.

I appreciate the ideas of altered or optimized designs, but I would like my
egg to be as close to the original as possible.

Thanks,
Cameron