Re: Liquid Layered Capacitors

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Dave,

You make a good argument for that particular perspective. I have never considered a negative outcome to be a failed experiment, so I don't consider that I've ever wasted my money in that way. My first TC cap was a large sheet of glass with foil glued to both sides. Lasted 5 days. Later, I had an oil-filled 5-gal. fish tank filled with glass and aluminum plates, and I still have a 4in.X 24in rolled poly-cap that is starting it's 6th year. I also have a number of Maxwell "doorstops" and dead "hockey pucks" Of course, I'm one of those people who has baked for 40 years and, by choice, will never own a bread machine. To each his own priorities.

Matt D.