Re: Liquid Layered Capacitors

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>

snipperz...

Hi Crispy, Scott, All,
One can also save up even more money, buy a commercial coil which operates right out of the box, requires no effort, and in turning it on, one learns almost nothing. For some folks, the doing IS the best part of a project. Some people take great pride in what they have made, some in what they have bought, and many in between. Your priorities may vary.

Matt D.

Hey Matt...

I did learn alot about building home made caps flat cap, layered caps, rolled caps, even went as far as taking apart one of those big box caps found on the telephone poles to make a homemade cap. They all worked, but for only a few minutes to a few hours each before becoming too filled with carbon like soot to be "rebuilt".

Considering the money I spent in the process of "learning" I could have bought 2 sets of Maxwells for my coil :)~ MMC's were not thought of yet when I bought my Maxwells...

just trying to give some words of "wisdom" to those on a tight budget... once they get the coil running and have funds left over, then try some learning the hard way as alot of us did...

Scot D