Re: 3D Choke..

Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, my initial thought on the subject is wrong (sorry if anyone got
too hooked on the idea).  At first glance, i assumed that the
balancing choke had the windings in the "same" direction, but really,
they are wired so that their flux cancels for the main current flow to
the load, but adds for current flow between the 2 variacs (supplying
an impedance to any current flowing between the 2 variacs).  So now
obviously, you cant just slap a 3rd winding on there as i thought.
Also, i now realize that you cannot get by with only 2 chokes for 3
variacs for similar reasons.  So the only way to do it is with 3
chokes total as shown on Scot D's page.

So, i feel pretty silly now, being wrong on both accounts in my
paralleling chokes.

Steve

Chip,
If it works as well as it looks, you're in like flint. I am interested in
Steve's reply post.
Jim Mora