Re: How much does aspect ratio of secondary really matter (is it all about K ...

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks, all who responded!  Yeah, I considered the
streamer length thing.  Here's the synopsis of the
coil as I see it now:

The coil's going to be about 150W.  My planned
secondary height is 24" with a diameter of 10".
Again, short and fat so as to be both physically small
and low-frequency.  About 1250 turns of #26 wire.
6"x22" dryer duct toroid.  Four turns on the primary
with a 342nF cap.  2400V PT for a power supply,
rectified.  Three "Fritz" SISG modules for a spark
gap.

Hope it works ;-)  I've got all my IGBTs now :-))

aaron