From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 9:14 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Special glasses for HV safety?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Folks.

Over the past two weeks I saw tesla coil performances
on TV. One featuring the great voltini sitting on
an insulated platform connected to a tesla coil, throwing
arks off his fingers ( chainsiute ), the other one featuring
a person in a faraday siute attracting hits to several ocject
held in the persons hand and the like.
Looked like HVFX equipment, but I am not sure.

I observed, that both of these performers were wearing
the same ( appearantly ) glasses.
Was this just accidental, or are there any special glasses
to protect the eyes from streamers? Are those glasses
insulating or conductive, or are they just a protection from
UV light and debris from exploding objects?

Maybe some of the pros could shed some light on this
though, all comments are appreciated as usual.

best regards

Christoph Bohr