Re: SRSG - rotor attachment

Hi Scott,

Yeh, I finally figured out what the issue is - how to compress the split to lock onto the shaft. The QD bushing is $26 and a companion bushing looks like a $21 part.

I may make a bushing out of a 4x1 inch aluminum disc. I can drill the center hole (a little undersize) on a mill and ream it to a press fit (but not too tight) onto the motor shaft. The OD can be turned on a lathe and the rotor mounting holes can be drilled using a rotary table. A split can be cut into the disc (to the center) and a provision for a compression bolt can be milled into the circumference.

If anyone know of a source for a bushing like I described, please speak up. Otherwise, I will start machining :-))

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gerry -

No, the "quick disconnect" split bushing (by itself) will not work either. It has exactly the same problem as the split Browning bushings described by David Reiben: it is only one half of the "pair" of parts needed to compress the split bushing and cause it to grip the motor shaft.