To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: Building the right capacitor

Original poster: "Krohns" <2halice@xxxxxxx>

Hi Drake and Kyle,

A tank capacitor for an NST of 15KV @ 120mA will need to be around 0.04uF.
You can make a 0.0409uF cap by building an MMC (Multi-Mini Polypropylene
Capacitors), made of thirty-three 0.15uF 2000 VDC Cornell Dubilier caps,
Part Number 942C20P15K-F.  You can purchase them from Eilene at Richardson
Electronics, phone number 1-888-735-7358.  If you try to order them from
their Web site, you have to purchase a minimum quantity; not so if you call
directly.  The cost per cap is $3.22.  You will also need thirty-three 10
meg ohm 1/2 watt resistors for safety, since your current rating is so high.