Re: Racing Spark Prediction

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Bart.

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On my large 13" diameter coil, I witnessed racing sparks
> running down from the top then abruptly arcing at 2/3 down the coil
> right out to the strike ring.

interesting, i`ve never read about racing sparks at the upper 1/3 of
sec - certainly not transformer action at work here : ) looks like
simple surface tracking, maybe toroid was too high, or it`s surface
had direct electrical contact with the outer surface of secondary?
it seems these days we need not just a scope, and not just a storage
scope - we need a usb scope plus pc with raid of say 1tb to observe
what`s going on really, luckily such stuff is not rare or very
expensive these days : )

>  BTW, I no longer use a strike ring.

that`s good subj for whole another topic % )

---
And I'll see you, I'll see you on the other side
Yes I'll see you, I'll see you on the other side, yeah (c) '95 Ozzy