Re: Need GE MOV data

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> I'm looking to add some MOV protection to my Variac/control box.  I
> found a handful of MOV devices, but I can't seem to locate any data
> sheets on the web.  The devices are marked with the GE logo, "V150
> LAX1002".  Does anyone have a reference or cross-reference book to
> indicate what I have?  I'm hoping that the V150 indicates that it will
> be fine at 150Vrms, on the 140V side of my Variac.
    Sadly, all my poaper refernces are lost, or buried.
    That Said, i do recall that the 'Vxxx' IS a voltage rating.
    The rest amounts to a 'power' rating (how big a surge before they
    go boom.  Which they will, if 'overused'.  Wish I had a better
    answer.

    http://electronic-components.globalspec.com/

    has a section on varistor specs that might yield more?

    best
     dwp