Finally!

Original poster: Chris Estes <estescc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, I've finally got my coil up and running. Special thanks to all
who replied to my queries. Your input was very helpful. Now, using the
Dr. Resonance - modified Freau formula, I should have 0.85 * sqrt ( 360
) or about 16 inch streamers. This is for a 12Kv 30mA neon with a 4
inch Dia. 2ndary. The discharge is actually about 12 to 14 inches but
that's more than satisfactory for the first coil I've put together
since high school. I hope to have pictures up on the web soon and again
I thank everyone for their input.