Re: Amazing Price

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <<mailto:ggreen@xxxxxxxx>ggreen@xxxxxxxx>

>Checkout the amazing bidding for a little dental x-ray transformer that
>sold for $710. I got for free three of these GE units of the same model
>from a dental clinic. Actually they are not useful in making interesting
>arcs.

FWIW, I inquired at my long-time family dentist's. They have some 30+ year-old equipment. Apparently their tech has told them that their oldies are goodies, and "they just don't build them like they used to." So they're trying to keep the old system running for as long as possible. Perhaps other techs feel the same way, and it's worth it to them to find old parts to keep old x-rays running vs. completely replacing with undesirable new systems.

-Phil LaBudde