Re: Mercury

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

HI,
      Most of us have at some point played with Mercury.
Often, we heated things with Mercury in or on them.
Most of us tend to have an interest in science and more,
if somebody said " That wooden stick there has 50 volts across the
ends", we would say "Let's read it with a meter to prove this".

This Mercury thing we all hear about, is it so bad? How about if
somebody said "There are Mercury fumes" but you can not see them.
How about a Mercury meter, as it were.
Take a UV light shining on a flourescent screen, we know it glows.
We know Mercury has strong lines in the UV region and that any Mercury
vapor will make a shadow on the screen because it takes in the UV.

To see an interesting demonstration of this in video form (with audio)
visit  http://www.iaomt.org/merc_release.swf
Where a tooth, 25 years old with a silver amalgam filling was used,
is exposed to body temperature, yes, see the fumes. 110 degree F
as in hot coffee, the thing looks like the smoke stack of a local power
plant.

If you figure the number of list members, times the filled teeth and add
hobby or work Mercury, which does not go away without detox, it
is an important issue. A look at the video and understanding how the
fumes show on the screen is a valid science based reading, even just
having a warm drink.

So extra care should be used with outside Mercury switches, etc.
Maybe Tesla had a lot of dental work done, too?
Mike