RE: Three phase transformer arrived for saturation experimentation.

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I wouldn't worry about smoking the thing unless the
current runs away from you.  For the unused HV and LV
windings, it's probably ok to just leave them
unconnected for now.  For a more permanent
installation with a pole pig for a load, I'd probably
opt for some MOVs or other transient suppression
devices across them to guard against voltage spikes
due to sudden introduction/removal of short-circuit
conditions on the other windings.  In any case,
shorting them doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE