Re: ScanTesla7.62 :-))

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Terry.

> Original poster: Vardan <vardan01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

is "Vardan" your nickname? if so, i have better one for ya - "the
best" - _bleeding _edge _scientist _Terry : D

>>http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/1998/October/msg00290.html
>>
>>"Still more to study here but the implications of such research may
>>impact our future coil designs greatly."
>>
>>have you seen any impact in the last 7 years? : )

> At the time (98 - 99), many did not "believe" a linear circuit model
> "could" be used for Tesla coils!!!

> "Lumped" models did certainly have problems, but then Paul
> arrived!!! :-)))

> Even though the real time analysis of secondaries opened a vast new
> frontier(!!), it also showed that the lumped models were not too bad
> after all for many things.

if you read 1998/October/msg00290.html, then you`ll see, that i
was talkin about lumped model of the spark - NOT about the model of a
"coil". and there is certainly NO ANY "impact" in the last 7 years on
"coil designs" because of "discovery" of this - only ol' good square
law from ol' good Richard Hull`s days. anybody can design and built
his "coil" without "220k+1pF" thing in mind and that "coil" would
perform absolutely the same as yours, "high tech/theory/modelled" one
- trust me ; ))) so nothing has really qualitative changed in the last
7 years.

> Rest assured this "bleeding edge scientist" is more than happy to let
> "others" do the "bleeding" too!!!!

note that i originally wrote "bleeding edge scientist" without quotes
- as my acknowledgement to you ; )

> Of course, the bottom line is we now have very stable solid state
> coils that remove most of the "noise" and we have many folks that
> have even better equipment than "me"!!!

what it was so "noisy" in oltc banger concept? for small tabletop
research coil?
you see - nothing was really "invented" here - there was no
possibility for mmc design for example, until needed type of caps
arrived at the market, the same about oltc/drsstc/etc - this is just
examples of implementing modern technology, not any "breaking
through"s : )
all these years on this tcml - _tesla coils_ mailing list you guys were
busy with learning _tesla coils_ - NOT sparks. and now you achieved
such level of understanding, that "coils" itself have no any further
interest even for such beginners as me - there is no great
problems/mysterys left, except for maybe stuff like racing sparks : D
i wish that there was tcs(parks)ml - you had all you need for this even
7 years back.
maybe such work is going off list, in the another dimension or planetary
system as you noticed recently, but being here i have seen no more
than 0.001% of postings on this subj - it`s a way too little : )))
so i`m leaving this _tc_ml now - bye, and "see you on the other side"
: )

-----
Let the sparks kick! : D