Re: MOT stack wiring?

Original poster: "GB Ward" <gbward4@xxxxxxx>

My site http://home.att.net/~gbward4 tells you how to do that. Look under the "articles" tab and then "Building/Testing an MOT stack." It tells all about phasing and connecting them together, and I attempt to give an easy way to work it out. I hope it gives more of a "how it works" than a "do this" approach.

Here's some tips:
You will HAAAVE to put that stack under oil, otherwise you will drive yourself crazy with arc-overs. I had problems even with my 6 stack for a while.

You'll need to float the cores. Otherwise the secondaries will arc to the core. But just don't touch them while they're energized. I hope I didn't have to tell you that ;).

I don't know what you're building it for, but personally, I set out for an 8-stack and decided it was way more trouble than it was worth. I had plenty of power with a 6-stack.

Hope that helps?