Re: GE potential transformer 200:1 (24 kV)

Original poster: DRIEBEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aaron,

Wow, I didn't realize that some PTs had dual
low voltage windings that could either be se-
riesed or paralleled, just like a pig. You say
that "a 3 kVA PT is just the thing for Teslathons".
I'm assuming that you're refering to increased
portability/lighter weight than a pig? However,
"Block warden" states that the PT in question weighs
>300 lbs, which is in the same weight range as a
10 or 15 kVA pig. Of course, the 24 kV output is
a higher voltage advantage than most pigs and
would be a good voltage source for a really high
break rate ARSG with a relatively small primary
capacitance, like in a mgnifier.

David Rieben