From: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:49:10 PM
Subject: Re: (OT-sorta) SHIPPING - Your Onto Something here....Re: pole xmfrs delivery

Original poster: Tom Perigrin <tip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 02:06 AM 7/9/2006, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Jack King" <ekklekktikk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Often times, a potential transaction (like say the aquisition of a
>massive power transformers) are prohibitive simply due to the high
>cost associated with freight...

I run a small business and I get a lot of our equipment through
eBay.  I've found frieghtquote.com to be very helpful in arranging
frieght that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (just a half of an
arm).  Now, it often goes through several hands and may take a couple
of weeks to get half-way across the USA,  but you can have fast or
you can have affordable (not both).   I'm not saying it's going to be
CHEAP...    For example, a 1000 pound biological safety cabinet from
phoenix to columbus ohio for about $400.

By the way, one way to hold down cost is to have it delivered to a
business with a loading dock on your end.   They charge a lot more
for a truck with a lift gate to a residence.   Once it's on the
get a auto wrecker with a roll-back do it for about $50.    I use the
local moving company's loading dock and they just charge me a few bucks.

I am not associated with frieghtquote.com, nor am I going to receive
any recompense or discount for this comment.