Re: Coilers in Washington

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey there, Jason!  There are a few of us out there :-)
 I'm in Sammamish, but generally refer to myself as a
Seattlite.  That, and all my pigs have come from
Seattle City Light, too.

Perhaps the best-known Seattle-area coiler is Matt
Stiger, whose coil was featured in the Make Zine book
"Makers", released late last year.  Their article
botched the science a little, but oh well.  He brought
his coil downtown for DorkBot's "Tesla Night" in
Seattle last spring:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chasbot/19008515/in/set-447797/
Matt's recently been working on a pig-powered coil of
truly gigantic proportions in a warehouse in Tukwila
where he works.  He thought he might have enough of it
assembled last month to fire it up, but I haven't
sync'ed up with him yet to find out what happened.

There's also Nick (a.k.a. SeaNICK), a coworker of
mine, who several weeks ago fired up his pig-powered
coil over in Bellevue and made some real nice sparks.
Some pictures and (I think) video are up at:
http://www.themotocam.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=4116

And finally, there's yours truly.  I've got a ~1kVA
coil in my garage.  A picture of it roasting a CD is
here: http://silicon-arcana.com/tesla
I built a new air-blast gap last week which has
yielded much better performance; I'm getting 5'
streamers regularly now (pics and video coming soon)!

Where's college?  Still in WA?  Shoot me a note
off-list.  I'll hook up with Matt again and see when
he thinks he gonna have something up and running.
I've been wanting to take SeaNICK down to meet him,
and his is a great venue for a TC gathering, since
it's indoors and also big enough for his huge coils.

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE