Re: Iron transformer positioning under the primary experiment

Cool Terry!

Referencing the white "reference", the loss when the MOT is center to the flat coil is negligible. Interesting how the loss was 5 to 10% when the MOT was 2" below and near the outer section of the coil. It would be sweet to see a magnetic field map of a flat primary. It would certainly help us visualize the situation.

Did you also perform the test with a secondary in place? I wouldn't expect a change in MOT placement affect, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Hi,

For my new little coil, I have to position the big iron MOT "somewhere". So I did some testing that I wrote up here real fast:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/SISG-coil/SISG-TPtest.pdf

Looks like "directly under the primary" is the sweet spot!!

Cheers,

    Terry