Re: Top Load

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

2.5 to 4 inches measured from bottom of toroid to the last sec winding works good with small coils. With large toroids above 30 inches dia., more shielding, we usually go 12-14 inches above last sec turn.

Dr. Resonance
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:04 AM
Subject: Top Load

Original poster: "Rich & DJ" <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a question on the normal location of a top load. My new coil will max out at 13Kv .150ma , secondary is 6.5/8 dia , is there a standard starting point for the top load? I see pictures of other coils, some show it several inches above the top of the secondary winding , others are quite low with the lower part of the top load below the plane of the upper winding of the secondary.
Any suggestions on a starting point ?

            Rich , from the middle of Missouri