Re: spark gap

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx
Bart et al,
my opinion has always been that when you use tube, you have to mount it so it is stable, yet you got to pull air through it, making it inherently less stable. (answer being RQ gap), but i digress, i thought that if i tap the ends of rod and mount from that point, leaving me with 360 degrees of open space around electrode, making air movement techniques easier and more efficient....easier in that you have more options as far as types of fans, and this would also give you the ability to spin the electrode on its central axis, giving you the ability to change the "face" to a cleaner or unpitted etc...have others tried this approach with success?