Re: ballast core sources

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Please excuse the possibly bad form in replying to my own post!

I'm not sure if Pete is on the list currently, but I came
across his site in my research for an affordable ballast:

http://tesla.reidconsulting.com.au/tesla.html

The page is frames based, so you'll have to navigate
to 10" coil - Ballast or look at this page directly:

http://tesla.reidconsulting.com.au/ballast.htm

The basic idea is to make a core that is a bundle of
welding rods, which can be slid in and out of a coil
which uses a PVC pipe as support.  It looks to be simple
and made from easy to obtain parts.  I wonder if any
one here has tried this approach and has any opinions
on its effictiveness.

Thanks,

Justin