From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Thanks - Re: Saturable Reactor Ballast from MOT's
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:37:08 -0700

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

(Doh!  Hit the reply button too quickly
there--shouldn't try this on my wife's laptop)

Sounds terrific!  Now you'll be able to vary the
doneness with much finer granularity than
raw/medium/well-done :-))

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE

---

Yeah, I realized this myself shortly after sending
that.  I tried using a four-slice toaster as a load
and ran it up to about 8A.  I let it go about 30
seconds and didn't notice any real heating of the
MOTs.  Longer test runs to follow...