Wire length theory (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:38:25 -0500
From: Jared Dwarshuis <jdwarshuis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Pupman <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Wire length theory

Hi: Bart

From: Jared Dwarshuis

The framework of our model as requested:

(1)   Maxwells equations must be satisfied.

(2)   Maxwells prediction that E.M. waves travel at the speed of light must
be satisfied.

(3)   Standing waves are the result of forward and reverse waves of equal
amplitude.

(4)   Since voltage A to B = L di/dt.  Standing waves within an inductor
must partition the inductor so that it's frequency components are contained
within the quarter wavelength region. The sum of inductive energy storage
equals the sum of these quarter wavelength regions.

(5)   We can take the standard form for inductance (in the ideal) and write
this as:

       L = u (wire length)sqrd / 4pi H

(6) We must satisfy the expression:   C = frequency x wavelength

(7) We must reconcile the disparity between frequency = C/ wavelength
and  frequency
= 1/ 2pi sqrt(LC)  and modify both equations to include the features of
nodality guaranteed by the mathematics of standing wave resonance.

(8) We partition Inductance as follows:

L = u ( wire length/2n) 2n/H

where n = 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 ……

(9) We partition the equation C = freq.x  wavelength with:

Freq. = n/2 C/(wire length)

 where n = 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 ……

(10) We set these expressions equal:

n/2 C/wire = 1/2pi sqrt( [u (wire/2n)sqrd 2n/H ] [capacitance] )

where n = 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 ……

End.