Re: A&E Tesla coil, and Mind Freak. (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:24:36 -0700
From: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A&E Tesla coil, and Mind Freak. (fwd)

Hi!!

>From: Teslacoil Workshop <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: A&E Tesla coil, and Mind Freak.
>
>All,
>
>I hope everybody here realizes the amount of collateral damage done when
>someone gets hurt with a publicly displayed Tesla coil.

"I" was not damaged...  I rather "enjoyed" it ;-))

>Even IF the Chriss
>Angel injury was fake, most viewers will come away with the image of Tesla
>coils being more dangerous than they really are.

Tesla Coils can shoot German planes right out of the sky, according to
Tesla!!!!!!

>I believe that the injury
>was REAL because the individuals responsible for this performance used a
>shark suit (with removable booties and gloves) rather than a full Faraday
>suit like kVA Effects and it's global distributors use.

That "weenie" should "not" have used any suit "AT ALL", Shouda been in a
"thong" or something like a "REAL MAN"!!!  I'll withhold the references
since the "real men (and women), know who they are" ;-)))

>We simply ask prospective clients to view the video in question to realize
>what harm can occur when one uses non or semi-professional stunt
>coordinators or when one wishes to cut costs

You "only" die....  Might leave a bad "fried bacon" odor for a few days,
but there are professional cleaners that can remove that quick!!

>(Chriss Angel originally came
>to us to provide the electrical effects but he declined because in his
>mind(freak) we were too expensive). One just can't put a price tag on
>professionalism and human safety.

Many would have killed him off for "free"...  Maybe the "catch a 30-30
bullet in his teeth" thing...  I "think" it was done on YouTube!!

>Professionals use legal contracts to prohibit "non-scripted" events from
>making it to film. To broadcast a Tesla coil injury was negligent stunt
>coordination and legal work in my opinion and will serve to make it much
>more difficult for responsible hobbyists to run their Tesla coils at public
>demonstrations

It probably just makes the "hobby" "more funny" actually :o)))

>, schools or haunted attractions. Real or not, that "stunt"
>hurt more than Chriss Angel.

I hear he was declared "brain dead" after the stunt!!!  Unclear if the
condition "existed before"...  All the follow up shows were "pre-recorded"
instead of live...

Cheers,

         Terry