Re: oscilloscope.. (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:21:11 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: oscilloscope.. (fwd)

At 02:37 PM 12/22/2006, you wrote:
>Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

The 465 is a great scope, BUT.. you have to be careful when buying
old scopes that the CRT is in good shape. Start getting towards
20,30,40 years old, and the replacement tube (if it's even available)
might cost more than a good used car.

the 465 has a notorious problem with the brightness, focus, etc pots
under the display.