Re: oscilloscope.. (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:34:27 -0600
From: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: oscilloscope.. (fwd)

Chip,

What area of electronics do you have interest in?  This will determine
to some degree how fancy of a scope you need.

I personally own an old analog scope, 60Mhz bandwidth, 2 channel (a
must-have in my opinion).  Storage functions can be nice if you want
to look at a 1 time event such as a pulse discharge system ;-).  I
paid around $120 for mine, no probes included.  You can pick up some
cheap probes for about $15 each either on ebay or from some retailers.

Steve