Re: A&E Tesla coil, and Mind Freak. (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:10:37 +0900
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A&E Tesla coil, and Mind Freak. (fwd)

No-one has a 3MV coil. No-one has a 1MV coil either (Electrum might come
close). Dr Resonance has a (measured)800kV coil that does 21 feet from
memory.
Many people have assumed that spark length of DC sparks extrapolates to RF
sparks from a TC. Not so. Spark length in a TC grows due to repeated hits
far longer (eg 3 or more times) than expected.  This is easily proven by
doing single shot sparks which are ridiculously small even with huge coils.
I think the coil in that episode was from Tesla Technology Research.

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com