Re: A prospective s.s.t.c. input-synchronizer (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:06:25 -0600
From: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A prospective s.s.t.c. input-synchronizer (fwd)

By anomalous Fr, do you mean the 14MHz noise?  That is very typical of
large IGBTs switching quickly, and is caused by the IGBT C-E junction
capacitance being charged through the stray inductance of the H-bridge
layout.  I battled that one for awhile, and eventually gave up, since
the coil still works fine, even with these harsh bursts of HF noise.
You have to be particularly careful about probing such noise, as many
times the scope might say they are worse than it really is.

Steve Ward