Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:40:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Well, it makes perfect sense to have the max inductance/max Q for a receiver coil.... Once tuned....you get the max power received.
  Mike

  A high voltage gradiant and possible flashover are not always problems.
In
1898 Tesla adopted a .43/1 H/D ratio in the design of a receiving coil
that
was used in conjunction with his 8-foot diameter flat spiral
transmitter.
[Nikola Tesla  Guided Weapons & Computer Technology, Leland I.
Anderson,
Twenty First Century Books, 1998, p. 12.]  Another receiving coil had
an H/D
ratio of about .31/1.  Four other Tesla coil receivers, resembling
tables,
are known to have existed. [ibid, pp. 16 & 41]  One of these had an H/D
ratio of .45/1 [N. T. on His Work With Alternating Currents and Their
Application to Wireless Telegraphy, Telephony and Transmission of Power
: An
Extended Interview, Leland I. Anderson, Twenty First Century Books,
1992. p.
150], two .47/1 and another .55/1.  To this day, .33/1 resonators are
being
used in conjunction with wireless energy transmission and reception
experiments. ["The Wireless Transmission of Electrical Energy," William
Wysock, Telluride Tech Festival, Aug. 10-12, 2005.]

Gary Peterson