Re: New to list (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:39:53 +0800
From: westland <westland@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New to list (fwd)

This is good to hear Ed.  I've got two variac's ... a .25 kva and 2.5
kva ... the .25 kva unit is a variable inductor from 0 to 1.89 Henries
... the 2.5kva is variable from 0 to .38 Henries; so I imagine that
first, smaller is better, meaning capacitance is less critical; and
second, smaller is better  :-0

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I presume what John has done in this
circuit is push the current to lead the voltage with the cap, and then
lagged it back variable with the inductor (the motor phase following the
current peak).  So that a bigger coil could take a bigger capacitor.