Re: SRSG Spacing (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 02:12:30 EST
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SRSG Spacing (fwd)

In a message dated 12/13/06 9:34:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original  poster: List moderator <mod1@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm setting up my SRSG  for my 15KV 120Ma NST what is the proper spacing
of the electrodes for this  setup?
Thanks
Gates

Hi Gates,

    There isn't an exact number, it's a balancing act.  Too far away and you
run the risk of not firing,  As they are set  closer together, they will
conduct for a larger fraction of time at each  presentation. If they are set too
close, then as they heat up and expand, the  tips may meet and self-destruct.
;-((
    I would try 3-5mm total spacing to start, but  others with more rotary
experience may be able to give you a better  rule-of-thumb.

Matt D.