Re: Cap Formulas (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:31:04 -0600
From: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cap Formulas (fwd)

Hey Victor,

 I have an Xcel spreadsheet that calculates all the info required ( I
put it together when I was making homemade caps)   if you can use a copy
of it contact me direct
 at    bunnikillrAT Coxdot Net   I will send you a copy....  but before
you go too far see step 18.5 at bottom of this post...

Scot D

snipperzz...

>Here is the process that I was intending on doing to make my caps,
>
>1 Use the BEST dielectric available
>      (Compromise of best properties to cost)
>2 Use aluminum flashing 20 x xx x .025 or better (max .030)
>3 Use Sch 80 PVC tubing and end caps
>4 Use a Robinair 4cfm vacuum pump
>5 Sandblast the edges of the flashing while it is still in a tight
>roll to round off and smooth all the edges
>6 use acetone to bath and clean the flashing
>7 use the compatible solvent to bath and clean the dielectric
>      (Purchased in rolls)
>8 use great to best impregnating oil
>9 Design and build a machine that will wind two plates and two layers
>of                  dielectric simultaneously with proper back tension
>to provide a very tight roll. (14-20" wide flashing and 18-24"
>dielectric)
>10 the termination will be provided on both ends of each plate
>(totaling four 1.5" strips) by cutting the sheet and folding the strip
>in the proper direction to create connections that exits on one end.
>11 make a vessel as such that it will withstand a min vacuum of 25hg
>12 Use 3/8 brass hardware for termination and epoxy or better for
>sealing the terminations
>13 Add a vacuum and oil fill port to the vessel
>14 after the roll is made, terminated and sealed in the vessel
>I will pump it down to 25hg and then draw in the oil.
>15 after the first pump down and fill I will do it again two more times
>or until there is about 2" of room left in the top covering the roll at
>least by 2"
>16 use nitrogen or the compatible inert gas on the fourth and final
>pump down, fill the remaining space in the vessel with gas.
>17 provide an externally mounted reservoir of gas for expansion and
>contraction caused by changes of temp.
>18 break her in at 1/4 power then 1/2 power then at 3/4 power and the
>real glory of full power! (14.4kv @ 10-15kva pig)using a dummy primary and
>SRSG @ 480bbp.
>19 Provide a few to a select few at material cost to test and abuse.
>20 once proven provide them to Tesla Junkies like us at a reasonable
>price and to spec.!
>
>What do you think, will it due?
>
>Victor
>

>snipperzzz..