Re: bad rap etc

Greetings all,

This posting should not have gone out.  It was merely human error that
caused it to happen.  Though Terry felt really awful about it going out,
mistakes happen since we're all human, and I don't blame him for it.

Over the years Terry's put in a lot of time, reading and approving nearly
100,000 messages.  He's made very significant contributions to the list
and, I believe, made the list as good as it is.

This goof catalyzed his resignation.  I emailed him and he convinced me
it's mainly motivated from being burned out and wanting a break.  I can
completely understand that myself.  It's a busy list and a lot to do.

I'm going to try to moderate it while I search for another moderator.
Thanks for your patience.

I'm going to put this thread on hold as well.  I've seen bits from both
sides, and I know that it's good to have some commerce on the list, but I
don't want to mediate or arbitrate something like this.  I also would like
to figure out a way to restore trust among the various offended parties.

Perhaps if there are any lawyers on the list they can contact me directly
and we could e-chat about things.

Chip
Listowner