Re: Loud pop (?)

Hi Glen,

A loud pop is typically a bang from the safety gap. But if it's really a "snap" and near the top, it's certainly odd. I would make a very detailed visual inspection. Also, if it is occurring just prior to the top terminal sparking, double-check the secondary to toroid connection.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Glen McGowan" <glen.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxx>

Anybody know what would cause a loud pop or snap every few seconds?
Can't locate it exactly but it sounds like it's coming from around the top of the secondary closer to the toroid. I see no racing arc's etc. The sound doesn't seem to be related to the streamers.