Re: EXTENDING CREDIT: an Unscrupulous Buyer - Be Forewarned:

Original poster: "Jack King" <ekklekktikk@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: EXTENDING CREDIT: an Unscrupulous Buyer - Be Forewarned:
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 00:12:28 -0700

Hi Jack,

Your doing the right thing here bringing the issue to the list and not naming names. I say that because if my perception is correct, this is the second situation I'm aware of in a very short time. I hope this person will resolve this issue immediately and stop such activities. Coilers here on the list are not professional businesses that can afford convenience of payment.

Thanks Bart. I debated about it for over a month, but was getting "no where" with other attempts. I have also recently learned this individual has a massive net worth (several million in assets / cash / an airplane and a lot of real estate) - nice to know someone out there like that will leave someone like me to jump through unecessary hoops to collect $900 he owes me....

I like your ideas below. I would add to it that someone of this "character" perhaps also be banned from posting on the list - under real names and assumed names....The behavior of witholding funds from someone - especially when you likely have that much money in your front change pocket - is a crime - legally - and morally....

Cheers,

Jack

Still no check nor any further communication....

FOR COILERS ON THIS LIST I RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING "NEW" COILING LAW:

1) Agree and discuss time of payment and shipment. It is not a bad thing to "not have the money" on hand. Just let the seller know your situation and do not be ashamed if you have to wait a while before you can send the money. If the seller is willing to wait until you have the funds, GREAT. If not, then "DON'T BUY THE PRODUCT".

2) Do not allow the seller to ship the goods until they have received the payment. This is probably the most important of coiler deals and is the one that would resolve ALL of these issues.

If you shipped product before you received funds, you were "STUPID". Don't be stupid (sometimes referred to as "nice" or "trusting"). Here's why: When the deal was made, the buyer likely had every intention of making good on the funds. But something "bad" happened and when it came time to make payment, funds were short. This situation can ALWAYS be avoided by receiving payment prior to shipment.

EXAMPLE:
I just bought 6 SISG boards from Mark Dunn of which I stated in one of my emails to not ship the boards until he received funds. Because I had 1 car for 3 working bodies in my family, I knew I might run into issues getting to the bank. I had to wait 12 days before I could get to the bank and get the check. Mark did the right thing and did not send until he received payment. All worked out perfect. Once I got the check and sent it, Mark receive the funds and "then" shipped the boards.

BTW, all those desiring these excellent SISG boards, Mark has many more available (pearls of wisdom being distributed here).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Jack King" <ekklekktikk@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,

THANKS for all the support! and yes, in the World of Jack King - $900 is a significant sum right now.

Speculation can be unhealthy, and I certainly don't want to flap everyone's trust in other TESLAPHILES - most all are good, honest folk (and incredibly intelligent)...SO - don't loos trust in mankind - and don't let this stop you from buying goods from reputable individuals and companies.

I am reticent to name a name. This manner was suggested to me by my Attorney as a "last ditch" effort before serving papers and litigation - basically a smoking out of the beehive to see if the honest will be honest. I am waiting thru the week, and if I have no satisfaction (eg - a cashiers check) then I will move forward with this matter.

I know the individual feels shamed - and I will say it's amazing that he actually responded to my email after having read this thread - It's most unfortunate that this is the level it took to get a response from him - and the response had nothing remotely close to the promise of a payment - just more useless tripe.

So, we'll see what ensues this week....and I know trouble can and does find each and every one of us. IN the past, when I have a stack of bills to pay and a .3 sized stack of funds to pay them with, I liquidate some of my treasures - and I wish I could keep em all - but in a capitalist society - one needs cash....perhaps this person would be wise to lean out his MASSIVE collection of toys and settle some debts.

Respectfully,

Jack King  801-604-5136