Solid state Voltage multiplyer and TesLa coils

Original poster: "James Howells" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have bought a item advertised as a "15kv 20mA Transformer for use with HV experiments Tesla - Lasers etc "

I have not got it yet but, have been informed that it is a solid state voltage multiplier ( 240 v in at 50 HZ 15kv out at 20 Hz) and not an iron core transformer

CAN I USE IT TO MAKE A TESLA ?

I think not - and I can get my money back but will loose out on 2 X shipping costs which is about a third of the total price I paid.

Thanks in advance for any replies

James Howells
Staffordshire  - England