PCB revisited near a Ca super fund site

Hello All,

I appreciated Terry?s PCB comments immensely. Now that I have all the players in my growing ?road show?, I have an increased sense of responsibility RE: at educational sites.

When I worked for a School District as I.T. Manager, we had a bottomless pit where fuel oil was discovered. The hole kept getting bigger and bigger. When they got to Virgin soil the tab was $250,000 and climbing. Yikes.

I have tried DR R?s paper burn test as a fist step on my Raytheon transformer: I took a ½? wide strip of paper 6? long and submerged a couple of inches, The oily paper burned vigorously to the paper and continued to burn with less vigor. During the burn, the oil gave off copious amounts of black smoke.

Hmm, better than a reluctant burn!!! Do you suppose it would be worth drawing off some fluid from the fill plug and running the 50PPM test at this point?

One thing Terry said I will put into practice: use a containment vessel, perhaps welded PE or a bed liner surrounded by steel! This will be for the Geek Mighty Caps, and the three phase transformer. My dry transformer and generator will be independent.

What is all this? An exploding 8? wire 40-50KV 14+ mf, a 8? coil and dry 14400 transformer, lastly the DC 12? coil powered by the 3 phase Raytheon. I have a nice Isuzu C240 industrial diesel and Genset on a dual axel trailer for demonstrations. I am hoping to increase interest in Science, Physics, and Math.

I will need a bare minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance rider just to go on campus. If the trailer gets in an accident, there better not be any PCB?s.

Thanks one and All,
Jim Mora