RE: real life applications, steered back on topic

Matt,

Indeed, I agree with your pragmatism. However we really don't know what he
was thinking and the government did take his lab notes, yes?

Many skeptics said the Spruce Goose (troop carrier for the war) would never
get off the ground. Howard Hughes and his engineers had faith that it would
and endless self funding. Tesla did say his death ray would down enemy
aircraft. I have faith that that had physiological effects on the enemy,
which it was probably designed to do.

I don't know many that doubt Tesla's Genius. Niagara Falls was in his mind
as a youth. He seldom had doubt that his ideas would work before they were
made which could be considered faith based as well. The mere fact that he
took the patent away from Marconi, to my knowledge, is still not in the HS
curriculum text books, which is astonishing.

If I not mistaken he was admired by Einstein.

I have faith and much evidence that he was a genius.

The mere fact that he considered Edison's DC as folly is noticed by me every
time I look out the window or drive down the road studying the grid.

Is a Tesla coil used in plasma speakers? I know a CW can be modulated.

Anyway, sorry if I got off topic, but I have much admiration for the Man
and his inventions, or I wouldn't bother with Tesla coiling in the first
place. It is fascinating and awesome.

To this day aren't Tesla coils used to study aircraft's lightning effects on
the skin and the "hardening" of the electronics? Think about that next time
you land in a bad thunderstorm.

Jim Mora