Re: 3-phase DC power supply

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

You can always buy a used VFD from eBay. There are
many 120 and 240 volt single phase VFD's that output a
range of three phase voltages. You didn't say what
size the PSU was, so I'm assuming a 1-2 Hp VFD would
suffice. I'm also assuming a VFD's ugly waveforms
won't piss off your PSU too much.

Search eBay for words such as "drive", "VFD", and
"inverter". You'll get a lot of useless hits, but once
you find any drive, you can always click on "view
seller's other items".

Be sure the drive is complete, and doesn't need a
separate faceplate or anything.

Of course, if this is a 25 kVA PSU there's no hope of
getting anything that size in a 240 single phase to
240 three phase.

Adam