From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 11:31 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Photo of my mystery transformer

Original poster: "Josh Adams" <knewter@xxxxxxxxx>

<http://flickr.com/photos/knewter/310977851/in/set-72157594400131325/>http:/
/flickr.com/photos/knewter/310977851/in/set-72157594400131325/

There it is.  To ease anyone's concerns for my safety, trust that I'm
not turning anything on until I'm certain I won't be dying
afterwards.  I'm trying to gradually get back into the HV stuff, I've
been out of it for five years...had to go on a math kick for a bit.

So anyone have any idea what this transformer was for?  I don't know,
but it has those five taps on the primary to let you vary the voltage
output, which is nice.  I don't know if it's in working order yet,
but it's full of oil and not resin (yeah, yeah, the oil's probably
nothing but PCBs waiting to get all up on me...), so I should be able
to muck around with it if not.  I have no reason to think it isn't, though.

--
-josh
<http://www.purevolume.com/valign>www.purevolume.com/valign