RE: real life applications

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> Since the Shorem L.I.
    Shoreham, aka Wardenclyffe.

> project was never completed, we may never know. Westinghouse
> was allegedly quoted as saying "but where would we put the
> meters".
   Allegedly is the operative word, perhaps.
   J Pierpont Morgan, rather than Westinghouse, funded
   Wardenclyffe, with Tesla promising wireless _communication_.
   When this was not delivered, Morgan cut funding.
   In the intervening 100 years no repeatable demonstration of
   'general purpose, long distance, broadcast power' has been
   made, nor has any theoretical basis been apparent.

> Somehow he
   Tesla?
> figured out the resonant frequency of the earth.
> Around 5hz I believe.
   The 5 or 6 Hz (currently quoted around 6.8) dates to 1880ish,
   was in general academic circulation, pre Tesla.  cf Oliver
   Lodge, among others.

   best
     dwp